BuildSkills – Job Skills for Students
Welcome to Build Skills Blog. I am doing the first event today at KCG TBI. It is aimed at helping students find jobs.
Students can start working on acquiring skills to get a job fairly early in their academic life (as early as first year). They can do it in a few ways:
- Learn to Learn better
- Take initiative to connect with the industry through interactions, apprenticeships.
- Start working on projects that improve their skills
- Work on improving communication and creative abilities
- Hone their problem solving skills
In this free seminar, I will be guiding them through an interactive session.
- We will start with a discussion on how to build the skills needed to be hired by technology companies (we will talk about tech skills, communication skills and some research skills)
- How do you research companies and job trends (Which companies are hiring? What kind of skills are they looknig for? What are some job trends (both local and global)?
- How to build you software skills – how to get started?
- How to build you communicatio skills – reading, writing, communicating through various media
- What is the right time to start? How do you take the first steps?
- Ten Ways students can make money while learning job skills
- A few ways students can teach kids with technology and get involved in other social innovations